Highlighted

16MB GIF not exporting from Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's large, but it's not an insane size, however I've tried over and over and this gif will not export from photoshop. It's a 10 second cinemagraph. 16.33MB, 1600px by 900px, I currently have it set to 128 colors, Selective, Pattern, No Dither. I've exported larger gifs than this in the past, so what the heck is going on???? My photoshop is up to date. 566GB of 1TB memory available on my computer. What on earth is happening. PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

16MB GIF not exporting from Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's large, but it's not an insane size, however I've tried over and over and this gif will not export from photoshop. It's a 10 second cinemagraph. 16.33MB, 1600px by 900px, I currently have it set to 128 colors, Selective, Pattern, No Dither. I've exported larger gifs than this in the past, so what the heck is going on???? My photoshop is up to date. 566GB of 1TB memory available on my computer. What on earth is happening. PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much empty scratch disk space?  How much RAM are you allocating to PS?

Did you reboot your computer?

Try again, this time with slightly smaller dimensions (1200 x 675px).

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

509GB of scratch disk space, allocating 80% RAM, rebooted multiple times. I've exported gifs that have been 1500 × 1000pixels and 24MB, so I'm not sure what I'm having such an issue with this one since it's considerably smaller. Photoshop is running WAY slower when trying to export this one too. Even opening the "save for web legacy" window takes like 5 minutes before it opens up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is probably corrupted.

How many frames does it contain?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally 500 frames. I did just now go in and change my cinemagraph video file to 30fps instead of 50 and that allowed it to finally export in gif form. It still is a head scratcher though as to why it wouldn't export at the higher frame rate when I know I've exported at that frame rate on larger gifs in the past. Weird. Not sure what setting caused it to just seize up like that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0