Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

17 'Background' processes with Adobe Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.PNG

Adobe, why do these background process need to be running?  Do you feel this is a bit excessive?

I am trying to open a simple png in Photoshop (right click and "Open With") and not only has Photoshop taken several minutes to open the 632kb png, but I also notice several background processes.   Going on 20 minutes waiting for PS to open a png is a not only wasting my time, but so is having to write this message.

Please repair this issue.

This is a ridiculous solution to be expected of artists using your products: High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Looks like it is a known issue

High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop is this Nick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it is a known issue

High CPU usage due to CEPHtmlEngine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it largely goes away with CC2017 Trevor, but even in CC2015 just closing the library panel will close all those CEPHTML processes, but the processes would not cause a png to take 20 minutes to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gents, thank you for your swift replies!

2017.0.1 Release

20161130.r.29 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-bloatware.png

As of today, 17 background services, while no program of the suite is started.

That's just not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"As of today, 17 background services, while no program of the suite is started.

That's just not acceptable."

Why? How much CPU time are they using?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm absolutly not telling it annoys me because of performance issues (but that's another point, i'm getting back to it later).

What annoys me is that absolutly no software of the suite was started at the time. There's absolutly no reason that any daemon would be running (considering i asked CC not to run on startup + disabled the file sync).So why do some daemons run ? i mean, 17 daemons ? 2 node servers ? hell!
I'm an adobe customer (yeah, not user, customer), but i'm also a developer, and i really pity this kind of things.

About CPU usage : it's not Adobe who decides whether or not the impact of the background processes on my machine is high. If the programs needs to run 17 subprocesses while i'm running it, ok, that's it, i use the program, so no problem. If i'm NOT using the program and it's closed, i don't want ANY unuseful cycles. That's just wasted ressources. Even if small, that's wasted ressources. Because Adobe decided they are small, i have to agree ? for something not necessary when i'm not running the program ?

Nope.

Ultimate decision comes to the customer 🙂

From 20 years working with Adobe softwares, i know these kind of complaints are just ignored (because it became worse and worse with years).

So I just installed everything Adobe on my home rig. And looking forward to switching to some less intrusive solutions. It's not like it's 2000, there are plenty of serious competitors, time to refresh my skills 🙂

Btw, it's crazy what i've had to do to remove until the last adobe bit... far more complicated than a simple "click on uninstall". It was just a confirmation that i was right to remove it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* * just un-installed * *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe staff here - we are just customers like yourself. You could raise it at the link below where Adobe developers will see it :

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this stuff is one of the big reasons I'm switching to Final Cut, Affinity Photo, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe!!

How about just NOT running all these processes. This is just looking for data about us so you can sell it. At your prices aren't you making enough errors?

This is just excessive. Why is it necessary for you to make your products BLOATWARE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines