19.1.1 Camera Raw incompatible

So updated from 18 back to 19.1.1 after hearing the pen tool crash was fixed.  Now the camera raw filter doesn't work.  Says incompatible with this version of Photoshop?  Is an update for that pending or have I missed something?

Seriously fed up of switching versions right now, one thing fixed, another problem introduced.  CC is turning into a disaster right now

Adobe Community Professional
Correct Answer by Jeff_Arola | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe just released a 10.2.1 camera raw for windows to fix this bug.

You can get the 10.2.1 camera raw installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-not-compatible-this-version-photoshop.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: 19.1.1 Camera Raw incompatible

Seriously fed up of switching versions right now, one thing fixed, another problem introduced.  CC is turning into a disaster right now

right now?

i fear every PS update i make (not that other adobe apps are better).

for one fixed issue there are 3 new.

remember how adobe promised better QUALITY because of SUBSCRIPTION?

it seems they fired the whole quality testing department. WE are now the betatester and bugs are not fixed BEFORE a release.

really a group of users from the USA should SUE adobe. in america you can sue because of everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

yeah agreed it has become a joke, photoshop was already bloated, and rather than spend time ensuring vital components work, they seem to spend it adding pointless tooltips and more ads/links to buy stock assets.  Adobe are so used to having a monopoly on the creative side they have badly let their loyal users down.  The alternatives are gaining ground and I'm readying myself to switch completely right now

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jonny+Shaw  schrieb

yeah agreed it has become a joke, photoshop was already bloated, and rather than spend time ensuring vital components work, they seem to spend it adding pointless tooltips and more ads/links to buy stock assets.  Adobe are so used to having a monopoly on the creative side they have badly let their loyal users down.  The alternatives are gaining ground and I'm readying myself to switch completely right now

or look at this utterly stupid SUBJECT select feature.

this feature is absolutely useless for anyone serious about photoshop editing.

if that is the current state of AI at adobe... good night.

you can put some crap like that in an android or iphone apps..... but not in a program like photoshop.

it´s just a nother useless feature.

instead of producing such "LOOKS NICE ON PAPER" crap they should put work into fixing the real issues.

but of course adobe is all baout PUBLICITY.. and such AI nonsense creates more publicity. even when it is completely useless.

every blogger reports about such stuff... but only a few really test it and have critical words.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I'm currently updating, so no report on my end, yet.

A few of you guys said you've tried a preference reset. Did you reset Camera Raw's own preferences, or Photoshop's?

Might also try installing Camera Raw manually, in case the auto updates are doing something to the install.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Benjamin+Root  schrieb

I'm currently updating, so no report on my end, yet.

A few of you guys said you've tried a preference reset. Did you reset Camera Raw's own preferences, or Photoshop's?

Might also try installing Camera Raw manually, in case the auto updates are doing something to the install.

Camera Raw plug-in installer

i have reseted both. also purged the cache... (for what it is worth).

i tried the online updater for ACR and also the EXE...

does not change a thing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

FILTER not working for me either. Does work if I open a RAW file FIRST.

preferences>camera raw = error

WIN7 64

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I also have the problem on Windows 10. Same behaviour, try opening a jpeg with the camera raw filter and you get an error message.

1.jpg

After that even .cr2 files do not open in ACR. If you open a raw file immediately after starting Photoshop that will work and you can then open JPEG files in camera raw for that session only.

What I find does work is

2.jpg

Change the JPEG and Tiff preference to open all supported files

3.jpg

Then when you open a JPEG in Photoshop it will immediately open in Camera Raw without having to open a raw file first. The setting also carries over from one session to another. To me it looks as if Photoshop is having a problem applying the ACR settings to JPEGs but not to dedicated raw files.

4.jpg

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Me too. Same problem. Won't open Camera Raw after this stupid update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Same issue here.
Win 10 x64 with latest updates (OS build 16299.125)
Latest nVidia drivers 390.77

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

the latest build of Windows 10 is 16299.214 so you are a little behind the curve, but the problem is present on the latest build.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 13, 2018

I have the latest Win10 build and still don't have the issue on 2 PC's

It's strange that myself and Dave aren't having any problems with ACR

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Ged nice to have you back. Do you have the ACR settings set to 'open JPEGS with settings' or 'Open all supported JPEG formats? I have your graphics card and Windows 10 build and still get the error unless I set the ACR  preference to 'Open all supported JPEG formats'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Terri

I don't have the issue and I have "Automatically open jpegs with settings" as preference

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

as the adobe guys said they can reproduce the issue. i don´t know what a further discussion and rätselraten will add to the solving of the issue.

lets wait for a fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

We're just trying to narrow down what's causing the issue, it would be good if we could figure out if it's OS or PS related

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Most Valued Participant , Feb 13, 2018

I have no problems either Windows 10 Nvidia Quadro display adapters will test My Surface Pro 3 with Intel HD Graphic after the update  finishes.  Update done It does not seem to have any problem

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018

Hi,

It is an issue with ACR 10.2 that only happens on Win OS (it might even be more limited to more recent Win10 updates). The trigger has to do with plug-in loading and when that happens in Ps.

Ps 19.1 added support for high-density monitor support and per-monitor scaling (New features summary | January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Photoshop CC ). ACR 10.2 adds support for this as well, but also needs to support other apps that don't yet include this support. The problem happens when the first loading of ACR in Ps happens when accessed via Filter> Camera Raw Filter...

We didn't understand all the conditions required to trigger this issue previously, but now do have reproducible steps. We are working on providing a fix as soon as possible. The attached action works to load the plug-in as expected for the Ps 19.1 hosting application, but needs to be invoked for every launch of Ps.

We're sorry for the issue, and thank you for being patient.

regards,

steve

4 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

One other data point to share: this only occurs on Monitors with a height of >1080 px.

So if you're using a smaller, non-4K display you may never see this issue.

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks Adam - that explains it - I'm using 3 x 1920x1080 monitors here, so could not replicate.
It is a good question to ask if we see future reported issues

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I don't have a 4k display but still get the error. Eizo 1920x1200

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Adam+Jerugim  wrote

One other data point to share: this only occurs on Monitors with a height of >1080 px.

So if you're using a smaller, non-4K display you may never see this issue.

Ahhh.  I have two 1920x1200 and a 2560x1440.  (but only able to use two of them right now)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

OK - I have the issue and am running 2560x1440 monitors here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi Terri

I have don't have any issue with or without that option selected, I have tried every option to replicate what people are mentioning and haven't been able to break my ACR

P.S. it's good to be back, although I'm having to get use to the cold weather again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

the latest build of Windows 10 is 16299.214 so you are a little behind the curve, but the problem is present on the latest build.

I just forced the latest Windows update (to 16299.248) to see if I could get this problem to happen here. I'm feeling left out , still nothing.
As I said earlier it would be good to get some feedback, from Adobe , on why some see the issue and some don't, if only so we can extend the way we test to confirm future issues.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines