1px Stroke automatically added on custom shapes

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop files with shapes are automatically added 1px of black stroke to each and every shape. Even after removing them and saved, it will add back the next time its opened. This will affect if I'm to upload to Zeplin. Its just too troublesome to remove them everytime.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1px Stroke automatically added on custom shapes

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop files with shapes are automatically added 1px of black stroke to each and every shape. Even after removing them and saved, it will add back the next time its opened. This will affect if I'm to upload to Zeplin. Its just too troublesome to remove them everytime.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yiju ,

Reset your prefs to factory defaults. NB: It will remove any customisation you have done to Ps.

Here's how:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Good luck

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mj,

I've done the below steps for restore to factory defaults but its not working. The 1px black stroke still shows.

1. Quit Photoshop.

2. Hold down the following keyboard shorcut and launch Photoshop:

macOS

command + option + shift
Windows

ctrl + alt + shift

4. Open Photoshop.

5. Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
@mj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Yiju ,

Thank for the feedback.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Create a new document.
  2. Choose the custom shape tool
  3. Change the stroke to zero BEFORE drawing on the canvas.
  4. Done

The setting is stickky and does hold when you create another document.

Let us know if this wrks for you ok?

Best

mj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to have made some change is 22 with shapes strokes. While Photoshop seems to remember what the last stroke setting you used with a vector tool like a pen tool or Shape tool or vector selection tool. Adobe also seems to have change the way Photoshop  converts text layers to shape layers in PS 2021.  When it convert text to a shape layer it maintains the text color for the shape fill but add a 1px black stroke which also seems to change the stroke setting Photoshop has saved for all vector tools.  For if you switch to any vector tool after converting text to a shape layer.  You will see the vector tool shape stroke setting is now 1px Black. I have also see Photoshop switch from an empty stroke color to a black when i simply moved the stroke px slider .   PS 2021 version 22 seem to like 1px black stroke as a default.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really annoying bug, if I want to change the colour of a shape, Photoshop adds a black 1px stroke to the shape which I then have to remove. This happens with all shapes, not just custom shapes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an annoying problem that I need to use to the previous version of Photoshop. Hope they revert it back and/or fix it soon!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0