Highlighted

2 finger scroll not working on new 16" Macbook Pro

Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a trackpad on my old 27"imac. All of my apps work the same with my usb trackpad. I'm used to how things work - I do a 2 finger drag / scroll / pan, pinch to zoom in and out and 3 fingers to use my active tool.

I set things up on my new Mac to be identical. Everthing works as expected except PS. I'm using the laptop trackpad. In Photoshop, pinch to zoom works fine. 3 fingers uses the tool as expected but 2 fingers zooms instead of drag/pan/scroll. I can't figure out how to change it. I have all of my preferences set up correctly - gestures are on, etc. Anyone have it working correctly with a 16" Macbook pro? It's all working perfectly in Illustrator and InDesign. This is a brand new machine... just got it today.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Arola | Adobe Community Professional

Generally under Photoshop>Preferences>Tools having Zoom with Scroll Wheel checked only allows zooming

when using the two fingers and then one presses the Option key to pan/drag. If you uncheck Zoom with Scroll Wheel does that change anything?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2 finger scroll not working on new 16" Macbook Pro

May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a trackpad on my old 27"imac. All of my apps work the same with my usb trackpad. I'm used to how things work - I do a 2 finger drag / scroll / pan, pinch to zoom in and out and 3 fingers to use my active tool.

I set things up on my new Mac to be identical. Everthing works as expected except PS. I'm using the laptop trackpad. In Photoshop, pinch to zoom works fine. 3 fingers uses the tool as expected but 2 fingers zooms instead of drag/pan/scroll. I can't figure out how to change it. I have all of my preferences set up correctly - gestures are on, etc. Anyone have it working correctly with a 16" Macbook pro? It's all working perfectly in Illustrator and InDesign. This is a brand new machine... just got it today.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Arola | Adobe Community Professional

Generally under Photoshop>Preferences>Tools having Zoom with Scroll Wheel checked only allows zooming

when using the two fingers and then one presses the Option key to pan/drag. If you uncheck Zoom with Scroll Wheel does that change anything?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try System Preferences > Security and Privacy >Accessability and see if Photoshop is added and checked on to control your computer. Reboot after that to make sure the settings are applied.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Photoshop>Preferences>Tools do you have Zoom with Scroll Wheel checked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, still doesn't work...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you press the Option key with two fingers, does that scroll?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Anyway to change it so I don't need to hold option? I want to be able to move around without having a hand on the keyboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, See Jeff's previous answer...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff!!! That fixed it. So not intuituve...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines