Highlighted

2019 MacPro with 2 x AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on a 2019 MacPro running 2 x AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB GPUs. For some reason, when I'm running both modules, Photoshop doesn't allow me to access the Graphics Processor Settings. I'm also noticing a significant performance decrease and whenever I click out of PS the canvas turns grey.

When I remove the second module and just run a single AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB, everything runs fine and I'm able to access the GPU settings.

I've contacted Adobe, Apple and AMD and haven't found a solution yet.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2019 MacPro with 2 x AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on a 2019 MacPro running 2 x AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB GPUs. For some reason, when I'm running both modules, Photoshop doesn't allow me to access the Graphics Processor Settings. I'm also noticing a significant performance decrease and whenever I click out of PS the canvas turns grey.

When I remove the second module and just run a single AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB, everything runs fine and I'm able to access the GPU settings.

I've contacted Adobe, Apple and AMD and haven't found a solution yet.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to disable one, if not by removing it than in software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing about modern GPU processing is that it's not a simple one way flow, like it used to be.

Photoshop uses the GPU to perform actual data processing, and the result returned to Photoshop for further processing. It goes back and forth.

So you can see multi GPUs leading to confusion. Which one is receiving data, and which one returning it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply.

I understand where the confusion would come into play with PS trying to figure out which GPU to communicate with.

So when running two GPUs on MacOS, PS greys out the "Graphics Processor Settings" in preferences>performance. Does this indicate that PS doesn't recognize any GPUs at all or is that just confirming the communication issue between PS and the multiple GPUs? I'm asking because I also have a Windows machine with 2 Nvidia GPUs and PS doesn't grey out those preference settings. I find it odd that this only happens on MacOS.

Again, when running a single GPU on MacOS, that setting is available and everything runs perfectly fine.

Thanks again for your reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? having the same issue ((

Ed

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
zazzia LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I haven't figured this out. I've been in contact with Apple, Adobe and AMD and they just keep pointing the finger at one another.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines