2019 Menus greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2019.  When I choose edit in Photoshop from Lightroom all the items in Photoshop under every menu are greyed out.  I first thought it was an image mode type issue but that is greyed out also.  All default external editor settings in Lightroom.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dissabling home screen did not work for me.

On a separate note:  Bugs like this are now prevalent through the whole creative suite.  Its not good enough. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re right. Photoshop is now working for me. No idea what I’m doing differently, if anything. But Lightroom CC is now in refuse mode. How do they get away with this?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now CC won't launch at all! This is by far the most buggy software I've used for years.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me when I try to use ctrl + to zoom in

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems with grayed out menus. Has there been a resolution to this issue? I have upgraded and it is still not working. In fact, it seems to be more frequent. As of this writing, I cannot get PS to work at all. On a deadline here. Even working on Christmas morning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find ps works ok so long as you don't involve lightroom. Cc is a real mess.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 at 16:24, vivianw72391463<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

2019 Menus greyed out

created by vivianw72391463 in Photoshop - View the full discussion

I am also having problems with grayed out menus. Has there been a resolution to this issue? I have upgraded and it is still not working. In fact, it seems to be more frequent. As of this writing, I cannot get PS to work at all. On a deadline here. Even working on Christmas morning.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833289#10833289 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833289#10833289

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that and it works. Thank you. Merry Christmas. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sigh> If you'd all just read the thread before posting...

Disable the home screen in preferences (or have Photoshop open first).

It's a known, officially acknowledged bug that will be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the menu options are greyed out no matter what I do or how I open photoshop, via LR or directly.

Basically PS is unusable!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the thread D Fosse, you'd see that fix doesn't work for everyone.

For me, none of the "Fixes" work, I've gone back to a previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry about that. I did read the posts, but I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that more people made comments about the problems, the more Adobe would take head.

I did try going directly to PS, not through LR and it did work. I have only tried that once however. It is frustrating to have a project and constantly have this major issue.

Thank you for taking the time out to respond.

Vivi Wyngaarden

Vivi Wyngaarden

....because in photography, you don't shoot from the hip!

Vivi Wyngaarden Photography, LLC

www.vivi-wyngaarden.squarespace.com

email: vivi.wyngaarden@cox.net

714 649-2127 714 742-2237

#ViviWyngaarden

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn't work for everyone. Me, for example. Not opening ps from within lightroom does work however. 

Cheers

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 at 8:58, D Fosse<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

2019 Menus greyed out

created by D Fosse in Photoshop - View the full discussion

<sigh> If you'd all just read the thread before posting...

Disable the home screen in preferences (or have Photoshop open first).

It's a known, officially acknowledged bug that will be fixed.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833857#10833857 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10833857#10833857

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution that works for me which is easy and quick, but weird!  I have Windows 10 on a desktop PC, Adobe cc and PS 2019 (20.01) all up to date.  I have Light Room but never use it.  My images are in Bridge.  I film in RAW.

This works for me: 1)  Open RAW image from Bridge into RAW, Work on it then click on 'Open Image' to open it in Photoshop. 

2) You cannot work on it yet but you can click 'File' menu and click 'Save As' and save it as a tiff file.

3)  Close the file.

4)  Re-open the file and it will be back behaving normally for you to work on.  Even allows me to to press  CTRL + J to get a duplicate layer and to use DxO NIK Collection as usual.

Hope it works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron, do you mean reopening the RAW or the TIFF file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, I mean re-open the tiff file which you have just closed. It seems that the closing and then re-opening of it does the trick. Very weird!

Ron L

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katie, how precisely do you open files then? From Bridge?

In that case, does having Photoshop open first and/or disabling the home screen make a difference? Please report back, this is potentially very useful information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, is this the fastest you can make it? I wasted a lot of time updating to 2019 (even during these dates I have to work), then wasted a lot of time trying to workaround this issue while my deadlines come to an end. Then I went back to 2018 and finished what I had to finish... And the cool things PS 2019 introduced? I may as well use Affinity Photo which introduced these "awesome" features (without the bugs) a year ago.

Sorry, I'm somewhat disappointed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron, but then although TIFF is better than JPEG, it is not RAW.

Hope Adobe would fix this problem soon once and for all.

James. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I did to workaround is:

Open RAW image in Lightroom, then Edit in Photoshop, when opens just close the file without saving, finally go to Lightroom and open the image with Edit in Photoshop again.

Alternatively, start Photoshop before sending files to it from Bridge or Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weak. Went back to version v19.1.7. Wasted too much time trying to troubleshoot already.

Using Windows 10, don't use Lightroom nor have it installed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines