Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Scale Jitter

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I use scale with SHIFT held down (to scale without keeping ratio), the image 'jitters' between the scaled version and a bigger version. Scaling without SHIFT works smoothly without any jitter.

All other transform tools seem to be working fine.

Are there any fixes for this, as it's really jarring?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t reproduce that.

Long shot, but have you tried Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing?

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions. Switching on Legacy Compositing does not make any difference Im afraid. Turing off the graphics processor setting does not give a live update, so changes the whole behaviour.

Im using a Retina iMac 32GB running Mojave.

I've attached a screengrab .mov to show what happens. I use normal (proportional scale) first, then do it again holding shift, and you can see the jitter, but can't post it here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think mov is not allowed to be posted on this Forum, but I still work on MacOS 10.12.6.

insertImagePhotographIcon.jpg

Like I said I can’t reproduce the issue, but I think there have been a few problems with Mojave.

Maybe you should also post over at

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines