• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 Updates Not Quite Ready for Prime TIme

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experimented with the new Neural Filters both the non-beta and the beta as well as the new sky replacement.  I'm excited about the possibilities both of these new features provide but I've got to say neither one is ready for prime time.  The filters just plain don't work well except perhaps in very simple photos and are extremely slow.  The sky replacement sorta worked but it returned a sky not sized to fit the photo correctly.  Adobe....don't become Skylum.  Get it right before you release it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe seems to code for the smartphone crowd lately.

this is snapshat like quality of features.

of course the youtube chills will hype this new version because of these kiddy features.

but the worst is that the new version is also unstable and full of bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's lousy QC aside, I think a lot of the AI-based features simply need a broader database, i.e. the more people use it, the more use cases it will have trained and do a better job. It's the nature of the thing. Even 5000 PS Beta testers cannot generate enough data in a limited time. So maybe try this again at a later point?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that might be the case.

unfortunately these filters are a MAIN part of this "major" release.

without them.. what is left in this release?

but adobe gets our money anyway.. so why should they bother to produce something worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColoDave wrote:

The sky replacement sorta worked but it returned a sky not sized to fit the photo correctly.

Just curious...It’s possible to drag the sky around and change the Scale option while Sky Replacement is open, so do you mean you set that up correctly in the preview but it sized it differently after you clicked OK, or do you mean you were trying out the default options without changing them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines