Highlighted

21.2.1 Crop tool buggy, still does not snap to layer guide consistently

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crop tool with snap to layers continues to be really buggy in 21.2.1. First, the changes didn't take effect after updating to 21.2.1 until I deleted the Preferences file (worth mentioning that the update alone didn't take care of the problem with snap to layers.) Then, it worked fine for several documents. I'm generally using this to combine photos into photostrips and snap to the edge without the mind-bending problem of getting the exact right pixel on the edge. Unfortunately, it stopped working midway through the fourth document I worked on, after I turned snap off and on again. I also tried setting "snap" WHILE in the crop tool, something I've done many times in CS6 with no incident. That did not work. Help! This is a relatively simple thing that makes a huge difference in workflow.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

21.2.1 Crop tool buggy, still does not snap to layer guide consistently

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crop tool with snap to layers continues to be really buggy in 21.2.1. First, the changes didn't take effect after updating to 21.2.1 until I deleted the Preferences file (worth mentioning that the update alone didn't take care of the problem with snap to layers.) Then, it worked fine for several documents. I'm generally using this to combine photos into photostrips and snap to the edge without the mind-bending problem of getting the exact right pixel on the edge. Unfortunately, it stopped working midway through the fourth document I worked on, after I turned snap off and on again. I also tried setting "snap" WHILE in the crop tool, something I've done many times in CS6 with no incident. That did not work. Help! This is a relatively simple thing that makes a huge difference in workflow.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?