• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

21.2.2: No Tilt detection for Wacom tablets

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Photoshop 21.1 deprecated support for the WinTab API in favor of the new Windows Ink API, things didn't ever work like intended:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-many-new-bugs-with-windows-ink...

In 21.2.2, I have noticed that with Windows Ink, Photoshop still does not detect my Pen tilt.

If I revert back to 21.0.3 and use WinTab, everything works fine.

However, if I attempt to use WinTab in newer versions, the Pen pressure isn't getting detected at all.

If you are going to deprecate support for an API that works just fine, at least make sure that using the new API does not lead to issues that weren't present before.

My setup:

• Windows 10 Professional, build 1909
  • Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060, driver version 452.06
  • Photoshop 21.2.2
  • Wacom Cintiq 22HD, driver version 6.3.40-2
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is answered by volunteer users. We do not work for Adobe.

You can raise bug reports/feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe broke Photoshop Wintab support in version 20.1  Photoshop tools are wacky with WinTab the pen rocker button is very flaky.  Windows INK must be used with New Versions of Photoshop after 20.1

With Window 10, Using Windows INK,  Photoshop 21.2.2, Wacom Intuos Pro. Nvidia  Quadro K2200 I have no problem  with tilt, Polygon lasso tool or pen pressure.   I do not havs a Cintiq to test.

JJMack_0-1597752255251.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines