21.2.4 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm having PS crash on startup. I haven't had issues in the past and don't know what could have chaged to cause this.

I'm using v21.2.4 on Windows 7.

I tried doing a fresh install with defualt preferences. 

I tried using Creative Cloud Cleaner on Photoshop

Again I've been using photoshop on this system for months with no issue. Lightroom Classic v9.4 opens and operates without issue. I can post the crash report if requested.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

21.2.4 crashing on startup

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm having PS crash on startup. I haven't had issues in the past and don't know what could have chaged to cause this.

I'm using v21.2.4 on Windows 7.

I tried doing a fresh install with defualt preferences. 

I tried using Creative Cloud Cleaner on Photoshop

Again I've been using photoshop on this system for months with no issue. Lightroom Classic v9.4 opens and operates without issue. I can post the crash report if requested.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: More Google-Fu led me to find a thread reporting that removing CameraRaw fixed it and it did fix it for me. Does anyone have answers or insight as to why CameraRaw would have caused a problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0