• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.3 crashes when changing image size

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.3 has crashed three times on me today. Twice when attempting to change image size.  Crashed yesterday when opening 5 jpegs. Do I need to go to a previous level? Windows 10 at latest level.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your's is the forth report of issues with 22.3 I've seen.  Can you tell what operating syustem you are using to try and tie it down to OS etc.?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Had a better day today. I am running Windows 10, latest level, on an HP laptop. I have PS set to automatically submit error reports and I received feedback that my graphics driver is downlevel, hasn't been updated in a year. That is what the System Info reported. Actually, though, through research I determined that while the drivers for the Intel UHD Grapics 620 and Radeon 530 have not been updated lately, they are at the most recent level supported by HP for this laptop.

I clicked off using graphic card and was able to do what I needed to do without any problems. I am relatively new to PS. I normally update my software close to new levels being released. Installed the latest and hit this graphics card issue for first time immediately. Tried to resize and poof! PS was gone.  Not a friendly way to indicate there is a problem, especially given info was logged to System Info prior to the abend.

Was going to copy/paste a snippet from the System Info but when I just clicked on System Info, PS locked up, totally unresponsive, then within a few seconds disappeared. Done for today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me - crashes as soon as I enter a new number in the image size field. Tried it five times, got five CTDs. I have MacOS 11.2.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your prefs.

Reset PrefsThoroughly (Mac)

• Quit Illustrator (100% you must do this)
  • Finder >> Go (hold down option to show hidden) >> library 
  • Preferences>>   Adobe Photoshop 24 Settings (rename to Illustrator  24 Settings folder.old)
  • Preferences >> Adobe  >>AdobePhotoshop (rename to Adobe Illustrator.old)
  • Library- >> Caches >> com.adobe.Photoshop (rename to com.adobe.illustrator.old)
  • Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> AdobePhotoshop 2X (rename to AdobePhotoshop 2X.old)

Reset Prefs Thoroughly (windows):

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location : C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename AdobePhotoshop and AdobePhotoshop XX Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and AdobePhotoshop XX Settings folders.old
  • Launch Illustrator from CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted suggested files. 22.3.1 just froze on me, then eventually abended again. Sign of perhaps recursive operation chewing up memory?? Same happened at 22.3
Regressing back to 22.2 again. Have not experienced same problem at 22.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that helped! Won't be switching to Krita just yet 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops all my brushes and patterns etc are gone now...better change back to the old prefs, and download an older version of PhS so I can change my image sizes AND use my brushes 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My updated Photoshop crashes upon opening Image Size. Happening every time. I have uploaded most recent version already today. I cannot find help for this issue anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My updated Photoshop crashes upon opening Image Size. Happening every time. I have uploaded most recent version already today. I cannot find help for this issue anywhere.

By @tessdallas

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Also: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

*To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
MacOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
Windows 10: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
NO luck. Cannot get a response to the ALT CTL SHFT -- Tried reset
Preferences on closing in Pref/General, and it did, but it did not help the
problem of crashing when I access Image Size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines