• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.4 problems, oh my

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had probs with a PS update until this last one.  It first started with the 22.4.1 update.  I opened an image to edit, changed the layer to Smart Object, and tried to add Lighting effects filter.  The filter does not show the lights in preview. I got one long message saying I should check my driver, and another message saying could not apply workspace because there is not enough memory.  It was working fine before I upgraded.  I tried to roll back to 22.4.  Same thing.  Do I need to uninstall then install a fresh version of photoshop? Pretty sure my graphics driver is functioning ok.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

I've periodically found that using the Reset Preference on Quit in the General Preferences section after upgrading helps alleviate some of these types of issues.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can (sort of) repro this. I can invoke Lighting Effects but it's really screwy. Sometimes it gives me the errors you're getting; sometimes it'll act like I didn't even apply the effect as a Smart Filter.

Gonna have to report this one.

*sigh*

ON EDIT: It does it on plain-vanilla, raster layers too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, War.  I guess I'll have to uninstall, and reinstall a previous version until Adobe fixes it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was informed by the powers that be that to go into Edit (Photoshop on Mac) > Preferences > Technology Previews on the menu bar and check "Deactivate Native Canvas". Make sure to restart.

Be aware it's still a bit screwy at times but at least it works (sort of). Adobe is aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks War!  yes that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it! Photoshop update to 22.4.2 created same problem as I had previously with the lighting effects filter. "Deactivate Native Canvas" is checked in prefs. I even toggled, unchecking, restart photoshop - then re-checking and re-starting photoshop again.  Still the preview tools for a light does not show, and no lighting effect is rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've periodically found that using the Reset Preference on Quit in the General Preferences section after upgrading helps alleviate some of these types of issues.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I then went back and re-checked "Deactivate Native Canvas" and it now works! TYSM!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines