• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.x installation fails

Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was old the FIRST time I waited 25 minutes while Photoshop "updated" then failed at 96%.  Now it's been doing it for the last several updates and it's way beyond annoying.

Windows 10 Pro desktop.  Plain, ordinary system.  Running current version of Photoshop.

Creative cloud pops up and says "there's a new update".   Shut down Lightroom, Bridge, Photoshop and tell CC to update Photoshop.

Wait through the interminable download, and it FAILS.  Look at the error and it says:

xit Code: 184
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 2 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 184) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64', version:22.3.0.49
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop22-Core_x64 Version: 22.3.0.49). Error code: '184'
ERROR: CopyPrimitiveEx | GetAnyOperationsAborted failed with error: 0
ERROR: CopyPrimitiveEx | GetAnyOperationsAborted failed with error: 0
WARN: Unable to delete file at "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\adobe_caps.dll". Error 5 Access is denied.
WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETRF84C.tmp\1\Application\adobe_caps.dll" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\adobe_caps.dll" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

Try to DELETE the file the ADOBE installer says is locked and I get a popup that
"The action can't be completed because the file is open in Creative Cloud Helper"...
Do I understand this correctly - Adobe Creative Cloud is TRYING to update an Adobe product, and CAN'T because the Adobe Creative Cloud Helper has the file locked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening.  It failed this morning trying to update to 23.0.1 or whatever just came out the last day or 2.

Am I the only person getting this error periodically?  Either way, HOW do I get it to STOP making updates fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure if this shouldn't be moved to the "download and install" forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for 30 years. This is the worst the product has ever been, it is so buggy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably SHOULD be moved now that you mention it...  Do I move it or does a moderator have to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the pointer.  I read through it and realized the cure was worse than the disease.

I finally just renamed adobe_caps.dll (couldn't delete it, could rename it) and did the install.  I just have to remember to do it in the future before I waste a huge amount of time waiting for Adobe installer to fail.

Unfortunately, it only fails some of the time, so it'll be another guessing game when it's needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines