• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.0.1 has new bugs

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lighting Effects are working again, hooray! But I'm getting those bizarre images when opening files again, sort of a CAPTCHA puzzle. Closing and reopening the file worked. New issue, I couldn't "Export As > PNG," the window opened and stalled. After closing, I couldn't reopen Photoshop at all, I had to Force Quit after no results. Logging out or restarting worked for that session, and "Export As" worked as well. 

screenshot_556.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, tried that as well, including multiple restarts, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't want to sound snarky, but I asked for the time, not how to build a cesium clock. 

If updates are so broken they require onerous tinkering by users to work around the problem, the updates should not have been released. 

After speaking to my associates, I'm going back to 22.2 so I can finish my work. They already did.

I will remain hopeful and watch for working updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates are not broken. Your GPU or display profile may be. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. That would mean the monitor profiles for Photoshop users in an entire company were broken, all at once, by some other unknown, outside effect, not the update.

Back to 22.2 for me. I'll watch for the fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jym SDX 118 wrote:

Interesting. That would mean the monitor profiles for Photoshop users in an entire company were broken, all at once, by some other unknown, outside effect, not the update.

No, it absolutely doesn't mean that. Display profiles are unique to each users display for one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming, as you say, 

Display profiles are unique to each users display for one. 

Then why did everyone in the company updating Photoshop develop the exact same problems? I'm not tracking this train of thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines