• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Extrusion problems

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright so i am trying to create a 3D extrusion from text in Photoshop CC for this twitter banner i'm making. The background is black, with a few candles. I am trying to make a 3D extrusion of the word "Casper" the problem is that all of the 3D options are grayed out. I have no idea what the problem is because I have done this before on the exact same way. I thought i had to convert the text to outlines and i did the hot key for it ctr shift+O. i also thought maybe it was the font that is weird but of course that was not the case either. So im trying to make a 3D extrusion and I have no idea what I did wrong. Can anyone help or has anyone had this problem before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

macpawel  wrote

Be aware of: Grayscale, CMYK, 16 bit mode RGB

pawel

3D works fine in 8 bit , 16 bit and 32 bits/channel  - as long image mode is RGB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screenshots and provide system info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First check your image mode. Is it RGB? It needs to be for 3D to work.

If it is, please post the info requested by Mylenium.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not in RGB and as soon as i changed it it looks like its working! i thought i already tried this but i was wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure you have selected Text Layer - just select Layer with Move (V) Tool  (not to select text with text Tool!!)

Be sure your document is RGB

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macpawel  wrote

pawel

3D works fine in 8 bit , 16 bit and 32 bits/channel  - as long image mode is RGB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting some kind of digital bluring... what can i do to correct this "3D exstrusion from file"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All change with Photoshop now they have a NEW 3D product.

Now unable to open a prior 3D image developed in Photoshop. Just get this message linking to  blog post which says that 3D is no longer supported within photoshop

!Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 10.17.18 AM.png

They are now pushing their NEW 3D software for a price!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install Photoshop 2020 to edit existing files, but you may want to export important 3D content to be able to edit it »further down the line«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we replace out up to date Photoshop with a prior version? I normally update through Creative Cloud? Is there a deep link on the Adobe website for this purpose? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click »Other versions«, I hope the path from there is clear. 

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 08.09.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines