• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Image Dark

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a new 3D extrusion from the selected layer the image that opens is black. I am using V21.0.1 of Photoshop. Is there a setting or command that will reveal the correct image. I am using V21.0.1 of PS and don't remember this happening on older versions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you start by updating your graphics driver. Even minor changes in the code used for 3D hardware acceleration could cause shaders to not evaluate correctly/ break down. Of course also check the relevant preferences and settings in the 3D panel.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I checked the drivers and they are up to date. When the image appears in the 3D panel it is almost black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.   After I opened a new photoshop file, I typed in TEXT using an orange color.  I then used 3d Extrude Text and the 3d rendering was dark.  1st Picture.   I then selected the “Text Front Inflation Material” and selected a default material from the materials panel and the Front Inflation Material appeared Properly and the proper coloration of the other surfaces appeared.  Second Picture 

I use a Macbook Pro 2018 with 16 gigs of Ram and Photoshop 21.0.1

I made a short video of the problem as well: 

https://youtu.be/9wAjtYrry2U

AfterExtrusion.jpgAfterInflation.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your path selecting the front inflation material however I do not see the default referred to. I experimented and found that when I moved to glow slider to 100, the image returned to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I raised a bug report, a week ago, for this issue at the link below. You may wish to add your own comments

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/3d-gpu-preview-is-broken-in-v21

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just go to Scene properties and check remove hidden backfaces. It should not be necessary, but does work as a way around the dark GPU preview.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines