Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D in Adobe Photoshop CS5

New Here ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I have a problem .... A few days ago I installed AdobePhotoshop CS5 on my computer.But I immediately noticed that I do not have the option of 3D tools.Does someone can tell me how to solvethis problem ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Photoshop CS5 Extended?

The 3D features are not available in the normal version, only extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a 3D menu item across the top or not?

What version does Help / About Photoshop show?

There are at least three things that can prevent 3D from working:

1) Only having a key that unlocks Photoshop Standard. The download/trial might say Extended but the key must also be for Extended.

2) Graphics card not providing high enough versions of OpenGL and Shader Model, or some other video hardware or driver incompatibility.

3) Not enough memory for things to work.

With item 1, only having Photoshop Standard, you won't see a 3D menu item across the top.

With items 2 or 3 you'll see a 3D item in the top-level menu, but the various options won't be enabled when a 3D item is loaded.

What do you see in Edit / Preferences / Performance for Memory Usage and for GPU Settings?

What do you see on Edit / Preferences / 3D for VRAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see 3D menu item at the top.Version is already registered....

Memory Usage :

Available RAM : 1213 MB

Ideal Range : 667 - 873 MB

Let photoshop use : 728 MB (60%)

GPU Settings : No GPU options available with photoshop standard.

Description : Graphics hardware acceleration is unavailable.You will need to upgrade your video driver and possibly your video card.

Components of my computer are :

500 HD, 1.7 gh, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card and Asus motherboards ( I forgot the exact model ).

I do not see the performance for 3D VRAM .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't have Photoshop Extended. That's all. There's no Analysis menu item across the top, either, is there? I think that's the other one Extended has that Standard doesn't. The Help / About blue credits screen also would have the word Extended in the title of Photoshop.

Do you have a purchase order from Adobe that says you bought Extended, or is this some eBay or torrent-download or other underpriced procurement of iffy origin?

Based on the specs, I'm not sure PS Extended 3D would even run on your hardware. 1GB of RAM seems too little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Photoshop extended would have a 3D menu, even if it is disabled by video card issues.

2) You have a problem with your video card that would disable 3D use anyway -- because it's not supporting the OpenGL requirements for even displaying images in Photoshop, much less working with 3D.    And 1 Gig of RAM in your computer is also probably going to make working with 3D pretty painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BobyWomack wrote:

I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Please do Help - About - Photoshop.  Does it say ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS5 EXTENDED?

Keep in mind the Photoshop trial download software provides Extended features for 30 days, but once you buy a Standard license and activate the software it will only give you Standard functionality.

If you have purchased a legitimate license for Photoshop CS5 Extended, but it's not giving you the Extended functionality, then you need to call Adobe support.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines