3D In photoshop or any other adobe app

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a 3D metal wall art mockup on a wall . so I have a vector design that I can convert into 3D by importing it to photoshop. how can I create a shadow on the wall ? Please help i didn't managed to do so . 

My shadow is only on the floor (but I need it on a wall) 

photoshop or dimension solution will be highly appreciated

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3D In photoshop or any other adobe app

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a 3D metal wall art mockup on a wall . so I have a vector design that I can convert into 3D by importing it to photoshop. how can I create a shadow on the wall ? Please help i didn't managed to do so . 

My shadow is only on the floor (but I need it on a wall) 

photoshop or dimension solution will be highly appreciated

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2021 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the shadow will only be on the wall (not the floor) rotate the camera, model and lighting so that the 3D groundplane aligns with the wall.

Alternatively you could switch to a full 3D application such as Blender and put planes where the wall and floor will be. You can align the camera , model and planes to a reference image, and set those planes to be shadow catchers (i.e. they are transparent but catch shadows from visible objects.). You can then render the model and shadows against transparency and bring that render into Photoshop to composite with your original room image

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 0