• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D - Missing groundplane shadows and how to move groundplane

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally new to 3D in Photoshop and I have brought a 3d object into Photoshop where I have a background layer that I want to blend the object into. I chose 3D menu, Move objects to ground plane. This worked but the object is sitting in the middle of the photo. The ground in the background photo is at the bottom of the image. I think I want to move the groundplane the object is sitting on to the bottom of the frame. How do I do this. My whole goal is to get some shadows projecting from my object onto the ground in my background image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Hi

You don't move the groundplane, you move the 3D camera thereby changing the viewpoint to match the viewpoint of your background image. You may also need to adjust the focal length of the camera in properties.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You don't move the groundplane, you move the 3D camera thereby changing the viewpoint to match the viewpoint of your background image. You may also need to adjust the focal length of the camera in properties.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Now my shadow is being arbitraily cut off by something. See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get that on rendering or just in the GPU preview?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it before rendering and nothing changes when I render it. It seems related to those diagnol black lines shooting across the scene. It cuts off just before one of the lines. When I move the shadow around it is fine until I hit one of the middle lines. Do you know what those lines are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from that screenshot no. I would need to take a look at your PSD file to identify what they are.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too large to upload!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines