• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Spherical Panorama: some tools don't work: bug or limitation?

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm retouching 360° spherical panoramas by going to 3D: spherical panorama: new panorama layer from selected layer.

I haven't been able to get the patch tool in content aware mode to work, and also haven't been able to get content aware fill to work. Are those tools not compatible with spherical pano editing? Are there other tools that won't work in this mode?

I found this Adobe help article that mentions healing brush, but doesn't mention other tools.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use the patch tool much and I would not use it for a large area hole in a 360 pano.  I did try content aware fill.  tough it worked I was able to create a much better patch using copy paste merging patches together and then merge the full patch into the pano layer.  Here are some screen captures where I used content aware fill.   I believe I would be able to use the patch tool if the patch tool can patch into a empty top layer.  When I change an image I like to work in a non destructive fashion till the final jpeg save.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use the Patch tool also. What tools you use would depend on the image.  With this one I would user copy paste to create tiles merger tiles  feather the path and merge the patch into the pano. 

Here I used the Patch tool to selected the determination of the Patch. The pano hole switch to the content aware option and picked the source content. Which was placed into the top empty layer I had added.  So I could adjust the  patch feather it etc. before merging down into the pano layer. 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply JJMack. I've used a lot of techniques for patching nadirs, including the ones you mentioned; right now I'm just trying to determine which tools work and which don't in 3D/sperical mode, and/or if there's a problem with my system.

For me, patch tool is not working in 3D/spherical mode. I draw around hole with patch tool, "content aware" selected in patch mode, and drag, and nothing happens. In non-3D mode patch tool works well.  And when I lasso an area, content aware fill is grayed out. Anyone have any idea why these aren't working for me? Screenshot of system specs below. PS 21.2.0 on Mac OS 10.15.5

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.07.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using 21.2 make sure its detecting your display adapter. I have seen many threads that 21.2 is not seeing their GPU some may have been Mac users. Also Legacy Compositing was broken in 21.2  Check your preferences performance section.  Make sure 21.2 see your GPU there and Legacy Compositing is not checked

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack; I checked my PS prefs, legacy compositing is not checked, and it looks to me like the GPU is being recognized:

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 10.20.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy PasteCapture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I still can't get the patch tool to work, and content-aware fill remains grayed out for me. I assume this isn't a bug since JJMack can get those to work.

I'm wondering if I should contact Photoshop for support? Or report a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to PS 21.2.1, and this issue persists, plus there seems to be a new one: image immediately gets much darker after going to 3D: spherical panorama: new panorama layer from selected layer; see photos.

I just created a new thread over Photoshop Feedback.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.51.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.51.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same thing is happening with me, it is going darker and the content-aware is not working properly. How did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 3d feature has not been updated fully for use in Photoshop 2021. Adobe  is making many changes in Photoshop 2021 and there not all compleated, Adobe has posted known Issues in 2021.  It is highly recommended that you disable Native Canvas if you want to use Photoshop 3D feature in Photoshop 2021.  You should check Adobe known issues in 3D https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html  there are some things you can do to deal with the issues in there.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. How do I disable Native Canvas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In you Photoshop Preferences there are many issues with Photoshop 2021 it is hard to how you should configure it for what you will be doing on a given day, 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines