• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A script to open images from list and to make changes described in the list... Is it possible?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to script this workflow - I'm able to export a list with images (names, folders) and what to do with them (set a size and canvas), the script could load this list and Photoshop could open all files and make described changes on them. Do you think I want too much... ?  🙂 Or do you know about an already existing script (not to start from the very beginning)? Thank you in advance for ideas!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many scripts, and Photoshop features for batch processing image file.  They normally process image files in folder or file system trees, file list selected in Adobe bridge and pass to photoshop. File list selection  built in interactive  script dialogs like you see in  Loads Files into a Stack.  Scripts Like Image Processor and Image Processor Pro can be configured to include Action you record in their batch processing.  They can save many image file types and size output files and save version even.  With existing feature Bridge selection and bridge collections I do not think you need to invent  new export file list. If you have a spreadsheet that has file list  that needs to be processed.  You should look into Photoshop Data Driven Graphics feature, You may only need to create a template and a CSV file.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your hints! I will check it. I can not use a batch proccessing above a folder (I need to select only some files) and actions have to be unique for each file. But these are, hopefully, small complications:-) Once again, thank you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds do-able but how good is your command of JavaScript (and Photoshop’s DOM and AM-code)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines