Highlighted

A script to run an entire aktions folder

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a possibility to run a script which runs all actions inside an action folder? I would like to recolor an image in 32 different colors and each color has its own action. Since i don´t want to perform the same action 32 times, going into the script section, i would love to know how i could do this in a more efficient way - using a script for the script.

Any help is very appreciated and thx in advance

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

A script to run an entire aktions folder

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a possibility to run a script which runs all actions inside an action folder? I would like to recolor an image in 32 different colors and each color has its own action. Since i don´t want to perform the same action 32 times, going into the script section, i would love to know how i could do this in a more efficient way - using a script for the script.

Any help is very appreciated and thx in advance

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be possible to write such a script. Are you good at scripting. 

If you are not you can download the Plug-in Image Processor Pro.  Then record it in an action in an older version of Photoshop.  New versions of Photoshop have problem recording Image Processor Pro action steps.  You can use the action recorder in the old Photoshop version in Photoshop  21.2.3.   You would need to record 4 Image Processor Pro steps to batch your 32 Actions.  Image Processor can only batch up to 10 Actions per run. So in each Images processor Pro Actions steps you would set up 8 actions.  Once recorder the Action would batch all the image in your folder you want batch process.  Sub folders could also be processed by image processor pro. It depends on how you record the dialog settings recording your batch action.  The Image Processor Dialog will need to be use recording the four action step. You setting will be recorded in the steps. When the Action is used to batch you image file with you 32 actions there will be no dialog displayed the recorded setting will be used the action steps will pass the settings to the plug-in Image Processor Pro.  Each  plug-in steps the Image processor will open your images user your actions and save out 8 images for each image process.  Your actions will color  32 images for each image processed.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presuming an action set named "RGB Fill" that contained 3 actions titled "Red" and "Green" and "Blue" –  the following code would play all three actions. I'm sure it's possible to loop through the action set, I just don't know how to do so. 

app.doAction("Red", "RGB Fill");
app.doAction("Green", "RGB Fill");
app.doAction("Blue", "RGB Fill");

It's not elegant, but it works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the answer (newby here), but where do I enter this code?

into a JSX file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it :-)...THX !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familiar with scripts only with actions. In case that I have your problem I will take this approach:

Record action which will run one action after another, in recording mode just select action and click Play to play selected action. You will see step to play action in your Actions panel. In this way you can play all actions using action without script. Here is my tutorial on how to record action step to play some other action https://www.designeasy.co/2014/04/how-to-record-step-in-photoshop-action.html

What else is your reqiurement? Let me guess that you will be satisfied with 32 snapshots in History panel with the same image colored in 32 different colors? After playing first action or after recording step to play first action record additional step to save snapshot. The next action step should be to revert image to state before action then record step to play next action and so on, and so on...

In case that you want same image in document duplicated 32 times on its own layers to be able to preview all of them from once and decide which one is the best.... you will need another approach which can be very similar. It depends what exactly you want. If you need further help please provide detailed description what exactly you want to achieve using which steps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the answer....i will check it out!!! And thanks to all who reply so quickly!! realy much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0