• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A simple doubt regarding smart object.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I'm new to this community. So really sorry if this post violates any guidelines.

I created a shape using the rounded rectangular tool. I want to put an empty smart object layer over it that can be replaced with any image.

One way I did was, to create a new layer and fill the selection with some color and convert it into a smart object. It works but it adds a color over the original shape.

I somehow cannot figure on how to resize that empty layer so that on double clicking, it opens up a canvas of the same size as my original shape.

I tried to transform the empty layer to the size of the object as well and then converting it to a smart object. But upon placing any image, the result is a shrunk up image.

Hope I could explain clearly. Sorry for any mistakes again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you trying to clip a smart layer to to a shape you could also just mask the smart object layer like the shape.  The thing is the object should be the correct  Aspect ratio and size for the shape. You do not want the Smart object layer to be empty. You want the smart object to have the same Aspect Ratio  and size of the images you will be replacing the smart object content with.   You seem to be creating a template..  Templates that use smart object layers to be replace normally use Smart object layers for they want to add perspective  rotation and warping to the image for its use in the mockup design. Replacement images must be exactly  the same Aspect Ratio  and size for the smart object transform and rotation and warping to work correctly for the Smart object Layer recorded object for Transform is not replaced when you use replace content or edit the object and fit the replacement to the object canvas.   Free Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. It worked out for me. What I did was, made an empty layer. Converted it into a smart object. Opened it into another tab and changed the Canvas Size to that of my shape. Then I clipped it to the shape and used free transform to put the smart object over the shape. 

Works perfectly. It was so simple yet took me a while. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines