• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A stroke is added when copying Shape Attributes to a recently opened file.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ok pasting Shape attributes between recently created documents. But if it was Opened after being closed, a 1px black stroke is added to a pasted stile.

Does not happen if there is already a stroke on a shape, you take attributes from.

Video added.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

started after 22.0 Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my shapes that have no outline are coming up with a 1px black outline. Even previously saved files that didn't have one. I haven't narrowed down if it's shapes that had 1px but transparent selected before, or ones that had 0px selected. Still trying to toubleshoot so I don't get screwed by this glitch somehow.

Also started for me and my coworker after 22.0 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that 1px outline is not Photoshop displaying the shape closed vector path? You can change the color and weight.

Photoshop will even add contrast if the path color matches the fill color.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same behaviour after 22 install. 

No, it's not the path. And it's not happening only when pasting atributes.

In my case it happens to any shape, created in any way but without stroke, after the document is closed and reopened.

The stroke is not visible at first, but it is already set in the "Properties" pane. After I change any shape attributes (e.g. fill color) the 1px black stroke appears.

It's driving me crazy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a problem sometimes when I use Copy/Paste when the current layer is a shape layer.  It does not always seem to work the same way. Sometimes the clipboard is even empty. So I use drag and drop ot duplicate layer not copy paste with layers. I have see copy/paste copy and past the shape.  And copy and past the Path.  I think it has to do with the current tool being a vector tool   The path get pasted and the are no pixel in the clipboard.  However I have not  seen a stroke be added.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg, you're right... it does appear in every shape when opening files, if a shape did nit have it till then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines