• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A year later and Photoshop performance is still terrible

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started back in January 2020 with that release and hasn't gotten any better.  I've tried all the suggested performance tweeks.  I've emptied the cache, rebooted, gave Photoshop more memory, gave it less memory, tweeked GPU settings, reset to factory settings, etc. etcm but it is still laggy and borderline unusable.

Edits that took less than 5 minutes a few years ago are taking 30 minutes or more.

Can we have Photoshop 2019 back until these problems get worked out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rtphokie wrote:

Can we have Photoshop 2019 back until these problems get worked out?

Hi

Adobe offers the current version plus one previous. You can try ProDesign Tools for the direct download for 2019.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

At some point you may want to look at your computer setup and confirm that they meet or (preferably) exceed the recommended system requirements. When you are ready to purchase a new system, be sure to run the specs by us first.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system exceeds recommended requirments, significantly in several areas.  This isn't a problem with my system, it's a Adobe software quality problem which is getting worse.

Even a system at minimum requirments should be able to work with small (1024x1024) PSD files without stuttering and lagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is usually a buggy video driver, or sometimes third-party plugins/extensions/font managers etc.

If you have a Nvidia card, make sure to install the studio driver, not the gaming driver.

Note that GPU requirements increased with version 22, and a GPU that used to work may no longer be up to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines