• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to associate notes to a particular layer and hide them when hiding layers

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found myself recently wanted to make notes related to layers that I design, similar to comments in code, for programming. But it seems that the notes exist on the global level of the PS Design screen, and could either be all hidden or all shown.

I find this problematic because I make notes relating to specific layers or objects on a particular layer.

I think it would be great if two things were implemented:

1. Notes can be color-coded.
2. Notes can be objects that can be chained to a layer or perhaps be objects inside a group; this way when the layer is hidden or perhaps the entire group is hidden the notes inside the group or the notes chained to a particular layer are also hidden.

PS. I noticed that if on the main page of the Adobe Support forum for any product, you see the bright clean blue button to POST. However, instead, if you do a search for perhaps an existing post, the result set of that search will either display nothing or related pots, but in both cases no longer show the blue post button, therefore if I did not find what I was looking for, I'd have to click back to the main support page to add a post. I've also noticed that pressing the back button not he browser from that result has been problematic.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your notes idea is a good one. While this might be a lame workaround, have you considered just making notes with the Type tool? You could make multiple notes, easily group them within the Layers panel and turn them on or off at will. It's also possible to color code layers and groups within the Layers panel.

capture.jpg

You can make feature requests on the following official Adobe page...
https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that hack for the time being. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines