Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About resizing, anchors, shortcuts,

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using Photoshop since ages... And I was used to daily use shortcuts for resizing elements...

I don't know exactly when, maybe the 2017 or 2018, but in one of the last version of Photoshop, the devs of Photoshop decide to change every shortcut (for resizing...)... the nonsense of that is obvious, but I am maybe the only one to be upset, and to continue to be upset 2 years after, my muscles memories on shortcut and daily actions are still suffering from those changes...

My exemple, I have a selection, I want to resize this selection in this way : I wan't to keep it aligned in the left corner, so only to move the right corner, at 60% of it initial width... Something simple, no ? So I transform the selection, and search the tool to modify the anchor point of the selection, to put it in the left corner... But wait, where is this anchor tool now ??? I have seen than using alt, I can click and move the anchor but without any visual anchor in the scene, and if you approach the cursor near the border, the cursor change, so a big mess.... By the way, the anchor are not visible anymore ?

If someone here can help me about this specific point, if you know any new recent tutorial to reset and find the old tool, or information about the new one...

I am totally lost....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you referring to these handles and are you saying that they don't show, maybe you hit the Ctrl/CMD + H shortcut by mistake.

2020-09-18 11_19_55-Untitled-1 @ 50% (Rectangle 1, RGB_8) _.png

You can also revert to the legacy free transform from the preferences

2020-09-18 11_19_18-Untitled-1 @ 50% (Rectangle 1, RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not see reference point in the middle after entering transform selection please tae a look at Options bar and check Toggle reference point as necessary (arrow is pointing at option in the options bar on screenshot).

toggle reference point.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Damn, it's so easy in fact lol... Thanks for all your feedbacks guys, several months without seeing this ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines