• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolute beginner: Open in Bridge?

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have startet a subscription of the Photographer Plan, and installed Ps, Lr and Br on my Mac Mini M1. And then I launched a Photoshop course in LinkedIn Learning, where I am told to open a file via "Open in Bridge" in the File menu. But I don't have that menu item, and I can't figure out how to get it. What am I missing? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

You are not doing anything wrong. The missing Open in Bridge command is a (hopefully temporary) limitation of the version of Photoshop for Apple Silicon. If you want to know about the current limitations of Photoshop on Apple Silicon, read this Adobe help article:

Photoshop for Apple Silicon

…where it says:

Features not available in the native mode…

…Starting Bridge from Photoshop menus

As Adobe keeps working on Apple Silicon optimization, some of the limitations in that list may go away in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just open the document directly in Photoshop: File > Open locate the document,  highlight it and select Open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not doing anything wrong. The missing Open in Bridge command is a (hopefully temporary) limitation of the version of Photoshop for Apple Silicon. If you want to know about the current limitations of Photoshop on Apple Silicon, read this Adobe help article:

Photoshop for Apple Silicon

…where it says:

Features not available in the native mode…

…Starting Bridge from Photoshop menus

As Adobe keeps working on Apple Silicon optimization, some of the limitations in that list may go away in the future. For now, though, you will want to open files directly from Photoshop using the Open command, as Derek advised, instead of the Open in Bridge command.

Or, the Bridge command might work if you start Photoshop through macOS Rosetta translation (that is, in Intel mode), but Photoshop will run slower than in M1 native mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines