Highlighted

Absolutely unusable version

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe for bringing out a totaly unusable new version of Photoshop and ruining my workflow. With the sudden pressure loss on Wacom tablets i had to roll back to older version and everything went down the drain from that moment. I had to setup my preferences from start, the photoshop is slow as *uck and crashing constantly. Why is that after so many years you can't handle the Wacom tablet drivers in a normal manner ?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Absolutely unusable version

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe for bringing out a totaly unusable new version of Photoshop and ruining my workflow. With the sudden pressure loss on Wacom tablets i had to roll back to older version and everything went down the drain from that moment. I had to setup my preferences from start, the photoshop is slow as *uck and crashing constantly. Why is that after so many years you can't handle the Wacom tablet drivers in a normal manner ?

Topics

Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

What exactly do you mean by »my preferences«? 

Did you back up your custom presets before rolling back? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for spamming and thanks for letting me know...My preferences - the older version of Photoshop did not remember my brush settings and my brushes + i had to set up my UI preferences (history,layers) from scratch as it also did not remembered it from the new version. Besides that, the old version is very slow propably to a graphic driver problem i don't know but at least the wacom tablet pressure works with the PSUserConfig.txt hack. In the 21.2.2 version the pressure suddenly stoped working and there is no fix for this currently as far as  i know...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Panels’ settings, the Performance Preferences etc. getting lost in a re-install or Preferences-restore is not unexpected. 

But as for the abr-files, atn-files, pat-files etc. it is useful to back them up occcassionally to make sure for such occassions. 

I am a Mac-user myself so I am not familiar with the Windows Ink issue/s, if you want to give Photoshop 2020 another try and install it again (you need not remove Photoshop 2019 for that) you may want to start a new thread or do a search on this Forum and over on 

Photoshop Family

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i managed to save and export my brushes fortunately, but not the latest versions of them. But this would not be the bigest problem of course. The problem is now the older version of Photoshop is crashing very often and im not sure what is the case...Overal the Photoshop behaves like is not working properly with graphic drivers. Ican't tell for sure however.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. I tried it now. When i pan my painting, it behaves like an old game without 3d acceleration :)). low fps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. Tried it now. When i pan my drawing, it behaves like an old game without 3d acceleration ;). You can see the frames low fps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the forum for the problem, sorry once again for spamming but the circumstances are driving me crazy 😕

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/wacom-pen-pressure-just-stopped-working-ps-21-2-2/td-p/1137...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»sorry once again for spamming«

I am pretty sure most or all of the regulars here have had occassion to experience exasperation over some Photoshop related issue at some point … 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines