Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessibilité menu 3D

Participant ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je voulais utiliser le menu 3d pour modifier un logo.

Je n'ai pas acces au menu 3D. 

Il semble que le pilote d'afficahe n'est pas à niveau. (voir pièce jointe) J'ai cherché comment le mettre à niveau sans succes.

Y-a t'il une solution???

Merci

Hello,

I wanted to use 3D menu to modify a logo

I've not access to 3D menu...

It seems thant screen pilot of my Imac is not updated. (look at the file joined) I surched how to update it, without solutions....

Is ther a solution?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Preferences > Performance > tick on Use Graphics Processor. 

If your Graphics Processor is not detected, downgrade to v22.3.0

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Précision:   3D fonctionne avec Illustrator...

Information: 3D works with Illustrator.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Photoshop are you using?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last, 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Performance > tick on Use Graphics Processor. 

If your Graphics Processor is not detected, downgrade to v22.3.0

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gener7, it's ok with the former version 22.3.0....

But what does it mean?? the last version is bugged??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people are experiencing issues with 22.3.1 in that their GPU is not being recognised correctly. That in turn leads to some functionality being disabled.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several things at play here.
1. Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.
2. Led by the changes being made above, Adobe introduced new GPU checks in 23.3.1. Unfortunately, these caused issues and have therefore been revised for v22.4. That means that many GPUs that incorrectly did not work in 22.3.1 will now be seen in 22.4 and will function.
3. Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added in 22.4. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in 22.3
4. Unfortunately, the move to update the core graphics functions will mean that some older GPUs will no longer be suitable. If you are using 22.4 and your GPU is still not recognised (and you only have a single GPU enabled – conflicting GPUs remain an issue) then you could try and force Photoshop to use your older GPU by creating a file PSUserConfig.txt containing the lines:
# Force GPU On
GPUForce 1
Save that text file to :
Windows: [InstallationDrive]:\Users \ [UserName]\ AppData\ Roaming\ Adobe\ [Photoshop_version]\[Photoshop_version]Settings\
macOS: //Users/[UserName]/Library/Preferences/[Photoshop_version]Settings/
Note though that this is requires 22.4 and is not officially supported by Adobe, so may cause other issues – so you do it at your own risk

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the woorkaround, Dave.

I have an old intel 4300 in both the Mac and PC. It's still recognized in the Mac, but not the PC. The PSConfig at least brings back the OpenGL features on the PC, but things I do not use anyway such as Lighting Effects do not work anymore.

I'll have to upgrade my laptop, but for now I can get by.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gene,

To get Lighting effects did you also try item 3 i.e. Preferences - Technology Previews - Deactivate Native Canvas ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines