Highlighted

Accessing layer startTime/outTime in Timeline via JSX

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching for a way to access the start/end properties of a layer in the Timeline or moving the Current time to that position but I can't find any solution.

Here's what I've discovered:

• in PIStringTerminology.h startTime and outTime exist;
  • when adjusting the start/end time, ScriptListener records a moveStartTime and moveOutTime with a time offset;
  • Timeline shortcut (Layer+Up or Layer+Down) works - it moves the current time to where the layer starts or end BUT ScriptListener displays this as a move to a specific timecode. Recording an action operates the same.

Is there any way the Timeline shortcuts can be accessed and triggered?

Is there any other way to move the current time to where a layer begins or ends?

Topics

Actions and scripting, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Accessing layer startTime/outTime in Timeline via JSX

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching for a way to access the start/end properties of a layer in the Timeline or moving the Current time to that position but I can't find any solution.

Here's what I've discovered:

• in PIStringTerminology.h startTime and outTime exist;
  • when adjusting the start/end time, ScriptListener records a moveStartTime and moveOutTime with a time offset;
  • Timeline shortcut (Layer+Up or Layer+Down) works - it moves the current time to where the layer starts or end BUT ScriptListener displays this as a move to a specific timecode. Recording an action operates the same.

Is there any way the Timeline shortcuts can be accessed and triggered?

Is there any other way to move the current time to where a layer begins or ends?

Topics

Actions and scripting, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you r-bin, but I've gone through them.

Pressing UP or DOWN keys with a layer selected and Timeline shortcuts enabled moves the current time to the layer start/end but it appears it cannot be recorded. Script listener log records a function to go to a certain time.

More than that, Timeline shortcuts do not appear in the Keyboard shortcut menu.

Do you know if there's any way in PS to send a keypress (UP/DOWN keys to trigger the shortcuts)?

While sending keypresses in JS/VBS would be possible, it seems in PS they're not possible. Or maybe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I knew or understood what you are talking about, maybe I could help.
The Up (Down) arrows do nothing for me in either 21.2.2 or CS6.

On windows, you can send to Photoshop keyboard commands by calling an external js script, or by running a script for (or executable created by)  autoIt or autoHotKey.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am planning to create an extension. Autohotkey is out of the question.

Up arrow works to bring the current time to the start of the layer in the Timeline, if the Timeline Shortcuts have been enabled (from Timeline panel - CC20).

I tried to send an Up keypress from an extension's panel Js, it does nothing. And from the jsx, triggering a keypress is not available.

I'm pretty sure the information I'm looking is around the properties 'animationTrack', 'trackID' and 'stdTrackID', but I've no idea how to access them, to build an ActionDescriptor or ActionReference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so difficult and annoying. I don't know why there's no documentation.

Happen to know how can an ActionReference about "animationTrack" or "trackID" be constructed? If it could be possible, we might get information with descriptor-info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines