• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally deleted preferences file for photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own this copy and I don't know how to get the preferences file back. It's not in recycling bin, I accidentally deleted a whole lot of files.

When I try to open PS it says "Could not load actions because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered". Then I click OK and it says "could not initialize Photoshop beause the preferences file was invalid (it has been deleted)".

Very stressed out, please help! I don't know that much about computers...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your original disc in the drive and do either a full re-install or a repair install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the disk anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I found this thread on Photoshop Family that might be helpful. Please take a look and see if this provides the answer you need. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/default_topic/deleted-preference-files/5f5f45bf4b561a3d...

If not, I would suggest getting a hold of Adobe Support and having them walk you through the process. Since you have purchased the software, they would have access to your Serial number and would be able to help you reinstall the program.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree -- doing a walkthrough with Adobe support would be your best option since you don't have those discs anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines