• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally double-tapping pen while drawing makes brush stroke max size/opacity?

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I've already uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop and I've restarted my computer so it's not that)

So, everything works fine while sketching with my HUION pen and tablet, but occasionally, perhaps while crosshatching, I will tap the pen twice too quickly which will activate some sort of double-tap function. This makes it so the brush stroke that activated said function no longer responds to pressure sensitivity input. The stroke becomes the maximum size/opacity of the brush being used, no matter how lightly I press.

I've attached a photo demonstrating this.

sssssssss.png

The only other instance I've found online of this happening was with a WACOM and it was fixed by turning off the double-click function of the pen. Mine is a little different being a HUION and it seems like the double-click function I have isn't related at all to this issue.

I should also note that this is only happening in Photoshop, not any other software, which is why I came here for help.

Is there a function in Photoshop itself that I need to disable? I can't find it if so... Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

The same thing happened to me when switching drivers from my Huion to my Wacom. I even found that it persisted even after once again switching drivers back to my Huion. I have no idea what setting might be causing this, but fully resetting my settings back to factory default (Preferences → General → "Reset Preferences On Quit") completely fixed it for me, no need to reinstall anything. Hope this helps!
    E D I T
What I wrote about actually didn't seem to completely work, having used PS a bit mor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me when switching drivers from my Huion to my Wacom. I even found that it persisted even after once again switching drivers back to my Huion. I have no idea what setting might be causing this, but fully resetting my settings back to factory default (Preferences → General → "Reset Preferences On Quit") completely fixed it for me, no need to reinstall anything. Hope this helps!
    E D I T
What I wrote about actually didn't seem to completely work, having used PS a bit more afterward. So after looking around a bit more, I think I've found something that has. Go to Control Panel, Pen and Touch, then change the Double-Tap settings so that the two sliders are set all the way to "Fast" and "Small." After about an hour of drawing after that, the issue seems to have been reduced significantly, however it does still occasionally happen.

Kodus_0-1589910738750.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, sorry I'm so late to reply. This was a bit disheartening for me and I haven't been back on Photoshop in a while...

I tried both things you listed here for good measure, and the second thing you listed really does help! I wish there were a way to simply just DISABLE what's causing the issue, rather than making it harder to activate, but this does help immensly regardless. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines