• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidently Deleted all filed under "adobe photoshop" and now photoshop not working

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, i dont know how but i did a dumb move and deleted all the files under adobe photoshop, and then reinstalled photoshop 2020 (previous was 2019) and now its not working, (i thought i was just deleting the presets and stuff like that, nothing important). I dont know if this is an issue caused by me deleting the files, or because of something else but i would really like some help. what happens is it opens up photoshop but it doesnt go any further then a black screen.

Regards 

Avazo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Creative Cloud application show, does it show CC2019 installed or not. If yes try uninstalling it from Creative Cloud and then see if CC2020 works or not, if it still does not work then reinstall it using Creative Cloud and see how it goes.

If CC2019 is not shown as installed in Creative Cloud or the above did not work. You could also try uninstalling using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since i deleted it its not their, so i installed the new 2020 one and its not working, so ive uninstalled and installed about 4 times now and it still doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try cleaning using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool? Give that a shot as well, remove everything from the computer and then reinstall.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try, but what do you mean by remove everything from the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean remove every CC app using the tool and then reinstall.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the late response but this isnt working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im pretty sure i did what it said, to go to my mac adobe folder and remove all the uninstall folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the CC Desktop app, download and try installing that app again, then install Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Install CC 2019, then 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. I have no idea what could be going on then. I'll leave this open for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have tried everything possible to resolve this issue, nothing worked. I am afraid then the only plausible option left now is to reinstall the OS

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump, need someone to help me with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i kind of still need help with this. contacted support and they are no help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to get it out of the way: The Adobe CC cleaner tool is not to be confused with the once popular CCleaner utility. Link to the proper CC cleaner above.

Assuming you deleted all the files under "Program Files" (bad) and not "Users" (usually OK) - the problem you're having is that the Windows registry is full of orphaned and now invalid entries. This blocks functionality in the new installation.

The CC Cleaner tool should normally remove leftover registry entries. But you will now have a massive amount of them, and the cleaner may not target them all. It's possible that you may have to run the tool in several passes, and make sure it's set to the highest (most aggressive) level. Turn every option on.

If that still doesn't work, you have to do a clean reinstall of your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines