• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Bug in Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new Photoshop 2020. I frequently have to Transform images then crop with the exact same dimensions, so I will create Actions so I can replicate over multiple images. This does not work in Photoshop 2020.  Says "Could not complete becuase of Program Error".  Opened up Photoshop 2019 and worked great, as always. Please get this fixed!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen when you either record a new action, or when you edit an existing action with a new crop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I am actually the original poster. I did not mean to sign in under that account, and can no longer access it. It happens when I create new or older (2019) actions. I've only used the transforming & cropping one so I don't know if it does it with other saved Actions or not. I hope not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save the action set upload the atn file to file sharing service like dropbox and share the action you are having the problem with. Also identify the action and step.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to, but for whatever reason "Save Action" is greyed out for all my actions. No clue why. (I am actually the original poster. I did not mean to sign in under that account, and can no longer access it.).  I have uploaded a screen shot if that helps. Basically I am selecting the entire canvas, then transforming (warp), then cropping. Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 12.48.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you posted does not show an expanded action Save AS step???  When an feature is unavailable in an action because of the document state the action normally throws an error mess like command xxx unavailable or not supported in this version of Photoshop.

Show us the errors you are getting. And the Action expanded so we can see the settings recorded into the step failing and some number of steps prior to the failing step.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JJMack, the Action does not have a "Save As" step.  Simply:  Select canvas, transform > warp > deselect canvas.  Do you have any suggestions of how I can save my actions so I can share here? The option to export or save actions is grayed out. I am still having this issue. Still works GREAT in Photoshop 2019. Says it is a program error.  And I keep creating new ones, to make sure there is nothing in the original causing the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get the program error which step in the actions is highlighted in the action in the Action Palette, Which step is failing?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JJMack, it can't get past the "Select Canvas" part and gets stuck at "Tranform current layer". I have uploaded the action here as a zip file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzwhCkg-NrWk0nN4nWiLktpDrwwiLA42/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get my action to save. The option is grayed out and I have no way to share here. Any suggestions on how to find the action or save it somehow?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to save your action, it has to be in an action set, and you have to have that set selected. It will save all actions in that set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chuck!  I have uploaded the action as a zip file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzwhCkg-NrWk0nN4nWiLktpDrwwiLA42/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Action was recorded on a document with quite a large canvas size.  If played on a more normal size document the action will fail in the transform step if the active layer is a backgroubd layer.  On my machine  the error message states a program error. It Also fails on a large document if the active layer is a background layer. Of a Large document  that has a normal layer I can not see that the transform did anything the image look the same after the transform.  The same for a small document the transform does not seem to do anything to the active layer.

image.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So indeed a BUG!!  It works fine in previous versions of Photoshop. How do I report this as a true bug?  I need to do this frequently. The images I am transforming are all the same dimentions FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tested in CC 2019.  I will.  Though I see no change in the image on CC 2020 I do see a change in the layer thumbnail in the layer palette.

Capture.jpg

In CC 2019 the action works on any size document and even on a background layer. Some layer kinds of course can not be transformed so the action will fail with command not available.  The transform seems to do a little distortion in the upper part of the image a little warp rotation.  So I would say that Photoshop 2020 Action Players has some major issues with the Action. When the active layer is a background layer.  When I covert the background layer to a normal layer the action seem to work in Photoshop 2020.  The distortion the transform adds is not easy to see in the image.

Please report the bug to Adobe on  photoshop family feedback 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much @JJMack - I truly appreciate your help! 

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines