• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action causes "program error" when trying to resize in CS6

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really strange problem. I have a customer who purchased on of my actions and it seems to crash just before resizing a layer. However, it runs just fine on my computer (a mac) but she uses a PC. 

I am basically doing a single pixel selection and duplicating it onto a new layer. I then select all and do a duplicate layer into a new document. The next set is to trim away all transparent pixels, the I do an image resize to 3600 px x 3600 px. Unfortunately she get an error saying "Could not complete the command because of a program error".

I asked her if she were able to continue the action by simply clicking "OK" on the dialog and running it. It worked, but the layer never got resized AND there is now nothing on the layer. She seems to be able to do this sequence of commands manually without problem.

I am definitely baffled and bewildered. I hate telling her to do an uninstall and reinstall the Photoshop ... so I'm hoping for some encite into this.

Thanks in advance ... 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear about the program error, that shouldn't be happening.

Would you mind sharing the action with us so that we can test it at our end?

Also, you can ask the custoemr to try resetting the preferences of Photoshop back to default and see how it goes.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the zip file. Let me know when you've gotten the file so I can remove it ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwtqwqiwgfidmzv/jilbert_plaid-maker_action.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My customer was able to find her PSErrorLog.txt file ... and the continuing error is "..\..\framework\sources\UMacAppCommonUtil.cpp : 610 : REQUIRE failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm hoping you were able to download the action. It's one of my most popular actions, so I don't feel comfortable leaving it open to everyone to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not respond to Adobe_JerryKell - that is a fake/spam account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines