• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action/Fit Image/Contact Sheet II Ratios Off

Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old question revisited. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/constrain-the-image-in-fit-image-to-width/td-p/10724545 works perfectly -- all photos end up in the new folder with the same width, after running the Action. But this morning, while Windows Explorer shows all files in the folder containing the resized pictures as having different heights, but the same # of pixels for the width, Contact Sheet II is producing a a document that shows the images at what looks like their original ratios -- all the widths are different. I have checked the obvious, eg. I have not mistakenly used the originals.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit confused here because I do not understand what are you trying to achieve by resizing images which will be resized on the fly using Contact Sheet script.

Anyway, script is using files which you want it to use, it can not refuse and decide to use some other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I was not clear. I would like all pictures on the contact sheet to be the same width and line up horizontally, along the top edge, which is why I resized all to the same width, before creating the contact sheet.
-When I use the equal-width pics with the contact-sheet function, I get a hodge-podge appearance.
-On the other hand, if I create a new document and copy/paste the equal-width pics into it, they all retain the same size and can be lined up nicely, however, this takes more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't looked into Contact Sheet script but I wouldn't be surprised if script is using Fit Image after calculating available space based on your instructions.

What metters here is proportion or ratio not dimensions. Since you are not changing proportions from what I understand, the final result should be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines