Highlighted

Action sets

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of PS

All attempts to select then link folder for new set, dragging selected actions, nothing is woring to group actions into sets. As soon as I assign a name and click new set, PS simply creates empty set ignoring the actions I have selected.

My actions have grown to the point I am waisting time unless I can group and order them. 

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Topics

Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Action sets

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version of PS

All attempts to select then link folder for new set, dragging selected actions, nothing is woring to group actions into sets. As soon as I assign a name and click new set, PS simply creates empty set ignoring the actions I have selected.

My actions have grown to the point I am waisting time unless I can group and order them. 

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Topics

Actions and scripting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing in the Action palette that resembles a group is an action set.  Action sets can not be nested  only Actions can be in an action set. If  you have a lot of action sets and they all have a lot actions and all you action set are loaded in the Action Palette  navigating between actions can be a chore.  In fact if you expand all your actions and expand all your actions set you may exceed the capacity of the Actions pallet and PS will crash. There is a limit. It is quite large I have tested it,   If you do different type of work may be best to just load the action sets that you use doing the work at hand.  

With script its worse. Adobe scroll your script lists one scrip at a time not a screen worth of scripts.  I use Windows File explorer to use  script rather than menu File>Scripts>Script Name  when names scroll one name at  time navigation is like stop go stop go traffic you find an alternate rough.

You should have not trouble moving actions and action set in the Action Palette to organize the palette.  I don't have any problem on Windows 10 Pro  2004 using any version of Photoshop including version 21.2

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
2menl LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines