• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action Stopping For Input Re JPEG Quality

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone suggest a possible cause for the following. I am running an Action which works well, except for the fact that the process is interrupted for the first two files in the folder, when a dialogue opens up asking about the .JPEG Options. After that, all of the remaining files are processed, without interruption. All the files to be processed are .JPEGs, RGB, 8bit and after processing, they are saved in the same format. There must be some difference between the files that I am missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

I'd start by looking at their actual color profiles and other metadata. Any inconsistencies there will easily cause a "Save As..." instead of a straight save.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by looking at their actual color profiles and other metadata. Any inconsistencies there will easily cause a "Save As..." instead of a straight save.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Mylenium.

I took the two problematic photos some time ago, with a bridge camera which shot only .JPEG. When I looked at the profile, it was sRGB, while I shoot RAW and use Adobe RGB in PS. Assigning the appropriate profile fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines