Highlighted

Actions did not transfer to new Ps update

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I updated to from Ps 2018 to 2019 this morning and my actions from 2018 did not transfer. I looked at the trouble shoot section for this. They did not transfer automatically and I did not get a prompt to do so. I also tried the import/export option and there is not Action option in the list of export options. 

Help!

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Actions did not transfer to new Ps update

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I updated to from Ps 2018 to 2019 this morning and my actions from 2018 did not transfer. I looked at the trouble shoot section for this. They did not transfer automatically and I did not get a prompt to do so. I also tried the import/export option and there is not Action option in the list of export options. 

Help!

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions don't transfer automatically - there's no guarantee they will work in the new version (depending on what has changed).

Make it a habit to always save out your actions. You do that from the fly-out menu in the Actions panel. It's not just updates - if for some reason you need to reset your preferences they'll also be gone.

If you have them saved, you can easily reload them, again from the same fly-out menu. So if you still have the previous version installed, you can save them out there and reload them from the new version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migrate them

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/script-to-help-back-up-photoshop-settings/td-p/11517871?pag...

Unsaved Photoshop actions are stored in the Actions Palette:

Actions Palette.psp

The location of the Actions Palette.psp file can be found in locations similar to:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

If the path has changed for later versions of Photoshop on the Mac, it should be easy enough to find working forwards from the Preferences folder listed above.

Win:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

C:\Users\username\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop ???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

P.S. Change "username" for your user account name. On Windows OS, the AppData directory is hidden by default.

The best practice is to manually save out each action set individually to a .atn (action) file using the menu on the upper right of the action palette window. Then load the saved .atn files into the new version.

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0