Highlighted

Activating RGB and and Alpha Channel to make selections

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Long ago, in Photoshop, I was able to highlight/select my RGB channels and then 'Shift' click an Alpha channel, so when I used the Magic Wand, it referenced the information on my Alpha Channel and my RGB/Background layer. 

Does this no longer work or exist? Is there a new key combination to select your RGB and an Alpha Channel so they are all activated?

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Activating RGB and and Alpha Channel to make selections

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Long ago, in Photoshop, I was able to highlight/select my RGB channels and then 'Shift' click an Alpha channel, so when I used the Magic Wand, it referenced the information on my Alpha Channel and my RGB/Background layer. 

Does this no longer work or exist? Is there a new key combination to select your RGB and an Alpha Channel so they are all activated?

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still works here on Windows 10 with PS v 21.2.1

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied out the elements to a new file and things are working now. I tried this once and it didn't work, but the second time, it did. Spoooookkkyyy file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines