• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation Photoshop CS3 [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, 10 years ago I bought photoshop CS3 for Mac and now I can't use it anymore because it requires an activation that I have tried to do in different ways without ever succeeding. First I tried the internet activation but it tells me that there were no connection while the computer was connected, by phone there isn't support, and finally I tried manually but it asks the proxy server and port that I don't  know where to find them, it ask also username and password, but which one my adobe ID or Mac? I apologize for my poor English, I would be very grateful to those who can give me a help, I have 4 days time before the program will be closed.

For now I thank you and farewell

Piera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hi Piera,

Could you please check the host file and make sure there is no file "host' that redirects any of Adobe website names like"

activate.adobe.com

practivate.adobe.com

ereg.adobe.com

activate.wip3.adobe.com

wip3.adobe.com

3dns-3.adobe.com

3dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns.adobe.com

adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

ereg.wip3.adobe.com

activate-sea.adobe.com

wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

activate-sjc0.adobe.com

hl2rcv.adobe.com

Host file location : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piera,

Could you please check the host file and make sure there is no file "host' that redirects any of Adobe website names like"

activate.adobe.com

practivate.adobe.com

ereg.adobe.com

activate.wip3.adobe.com

wip3.adobe.com

3dns-3.adobe.com

3dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns.adobe.com

adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

ereg.wip3.adobe.com

activate-sea.adobe.com

wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

activate-sjc0.adobe.com

hl2rcv.adobe.com

Host file location : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil for your answer but I have a Mac so the location for the host file that you indicated can't work and I don't know where to look in the Mac. If you have even the location for the Mac I would be really grateful. Thanks again

Regard

Piera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS Sahil I found de host and I managed to restart the program. Thanks again you saved me !!!

Piera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Piera, I'm glad you got it working! Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i have the same problem and i do not have any file like the ones in the list.

any chance you can help me with this please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are that won't help since adobe recently disabled the activation servers for cs3.

You can get a replacement non activation cs3 and serial from here:

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i had the serial number of my old CS3 on the window asking to reactivate but after i click on your link and entered it, it gaves me a new one that i didn't write down and it ask me to uninstall the old version to reinstall the new one but the serial numbers both old and new  disappeared.... any chance you can help me with this>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your original cs3 install dvds/box with the serial number?

You should be able to sign-in to your account and find your original cs3 serial number like explained here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-your-serial-number.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After removing the old CS3 Suite and installing this new "Special" Version - which Needs no activation - it's still asking for Activation .. do I have remove some entrys from registry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly! TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just want to be crystal clear on this subject.  I also purchased CS3 Extended many years ago.  I paid $1200.00 for the complete set.  Recently my PC crashed.  I have installed a new motherboard.  All of my files are saved because I backup faithfully.  I pulled out my old CDs and tried to reload the program and I'm having the same activation problem.  Is it true that the program that I currently have is trash?  I know it's old but $1200.00 was alot of cash back then.  I have a truck thats older than that and I can still get parts for it.

Please tell me I'm wrong about this!

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct. CS3 can no longer be activated.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines