• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adaptive wide angle filter won't work

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a purchased version of Photoshop CS6 13.0.6 x64 on a 27 inch iMac.  This filter no longer works.  I tried accessing the user group but I got cut off for some reason.  JJMack started to help me.  I have tried restoring preferences then resetting settings but neither corrected the problem.  It is as if the preview feature in the filter is not working.  To my knowledge, everything else works OK in Photoshop.  A screen shot is below.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.02.47 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Didn't fix the problem.  Cleaner wouldn't clean an uninstalled CS6 (it didn't show as a choice).  I didn't want to select all since I also have Lightroom which I use for face recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not own a super wide angle lens or full frame camera.  So I do not know how to use that filter. All I can do is show you what I see using my Windows 10 machine and subscription CS6 version 13.1.2 with a 11mm sample image I downloaded.  Auto mode first with preview and mesh   Then with preview off I try to set come constrain rectangles the preview and accept.  I know I did not do good but the circle look somewhat better.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 18-200 lens.  Helpful inside buildings.

There is something subtle wrong with this filter in Photoshop on the iMac.  I have the same software on a MacBook Pro and it works fine.  So something on the iMac has got screwed up over time.  That is why I restored preferences then reset settings.  The only other thing that I can think of is a complete software reload.  Or I could call into Adobe.  What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Un-install CS6. Then use Adobe Cleaner. Then Install Photoshop cleanly. Then Update CS6 to version 13.0.6 Mac...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't fix the problem.  Cleaner wouldn't clean an uninstalled CS6 (it didn't show as a choice).  I didn't want to select all since I also have Lightroom which I use for face recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using your instructions, and some web prompts, I uninstalled all of my Adobe products and did a complete clean up before installing them all again.  More rigorous approach.  I spoke too soon.  The first image I tried, I did a lens correction then an adaptive wide angle correction.  It work perfectly.  After planing the first end of the constraint, the line followed the curvature I was trying to correct and it became straight after planting the other end of the constraint.  In subsequent tries in subsequent images, the line would not follow the desired curvature after the first plant and there was no correction.

This leads me to believe that there is a program glitch or a flag gets improperly set after the first try.  To really fix this, I need access to a Photoshop update after December 2, 2012.  Can you make this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines