• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add an object to a Mixamo animated .dae character in Adobe Photoshop

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download my character from Mixamo...I want to add a yellow sphere as a nose to the character and have the sphere animated (move with the head) in the animation?

I tried 3D painting a 'yellow' spot on its face, but the 'yellow' appears randomly all over the character

thanks
Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. this is a Photoshop question so I'll ask for it to be moved to the correct forum
  2. yes Photoshop can edit a Dae file but its unclear what you actually want

an object [as in a 3D shape] can be added to the character and as long as the bones don't get changed it should track correct

a yellow dot is going to be a decal [doesn't move with the character] or a texture [does move] and Photoshop can do both types... it sounds like you did a decal which would mean the dot moves as the face goes into its animation

other software options for dots include animation or Blender and Maya can do 3D objects if using Photoshop isn't for you

p.s, a screenshot or two helps people understand what you are trying to do and is always worth adding to your questions mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines