Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add light to buiding windows

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a photo of Vienna's Opera House. My problem is that some windows have lights turned on, but most of them are turned off. Is there a way to add light to those windows, without seeming fake?

The attached photo is taken from my mobile phone, the photo I want to edit is from dslr

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is good that the photo has a reference of some winodws lights turned on, to replicate this effect , you need to make selection, refine it , fill it will color and tweak it till you get a good result. Not to mention you need to take care of shadows and highlights of the light souces and surrounding .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comp2.jpg

You will probably find that using one of the Selection  tools and adding some brushwork to modify the windowpane selection will produce a harsh result.

This is another approach. Note that some of the inside of the room is apparent in the final image. No Selection tools were used to create the window areas and no brushwork was required.

Use the top floor lighting for reference and create a Gradation from amber to almost white on a layer below the image.

Move to Channels and make a copy of the Red channel.  Make a rectangular Selection of the building’s middle floor and modify the copied red channel (using Curves) as shown above, whch is enlarged here for clarity. Add it to the Layers panel as the top layer

Add a mask to the image layer. Then choose the top layer, Select > All followed by Edit > Copy. Then turn off the top layer.

Return to the mask in the image layer and Option click on the mask. The layer will go white. Edit > Paste to add the modified copy of the red channel to the mask.

Repeat for other sections of the building

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Norman 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Dave. It was a kick to see your note at the start of my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines