• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding an image to my created template

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. Not such an advanced PS CC user but I am learning and constantly experimenting. I am about 5 layers into creating a template that I will save as a PSD.  I have added layers for names, a date, and uniform number etc.  I am stuck adding a layer that will allow other users to drag and drop a photo into a part of the area for a photo.  While I have attempted a few things it seems when I open a JPEG to add it is being added to the background and not the part of the template I want it to be in.  When I purchase templates from others I have the ability to add a photo and use the Free Transform tool to resize it and have it lock into position. I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Hi, that feature is known as a smart object try to learn about these...regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, that feature is known as a smart object try to learn about these...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing is you can not simply drag and drop any old image into a template and expect it to replace the existing image in the template.  An image in a template no mater what type of image layer it is has an Aspect Ratio and a layer bounds so many pixels wide and so many pixels high and is confined to some area in the documents canvas..  To be able to use any old image  as a replacement image in a template you would need to use a Photoshop script. Even then the replacement content  may not be acceptable because of the resizing and masking that was used to force fit images that have the wrong Aspect Ratio and  and incorrect number of pixels.

Templates are easy to Create scripting is not easy. You can use my scripts. Replacement Image should have an Aspect Ratios that are nearly the same aspect ratio of the image in the template they will be replacing.

Free Photoshop Photo Collage and Mock Toolkit 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines