Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding color swatch to Photoshop CC 2017 freezes program

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Everytime I try and add a color swatch to my library it freezes my photoshop. Its Photoshop CC 2017 and is fully up to date. Its really annoying and I often forget about it, because its not suppose to happen and it runs smoothly within other Adobe programs. Anyone know a fix for this? If not, they need to fix this asap because I end up losing a bunch of work.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Hi linziehunt

Have you checked for Graphics card drivers update on your ccomputer?

Please also add your comment and the required system on this ongoing discussion Photoshop: Froze when I added a color swatch to Libraries Panel | Photoshop Family Customer Community where our engineers are looking at this issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linziehunt

Have you checked for Graphics card drivers update on your ccomputer?

Please also add your comment and the required system on this ongoing discussion Photoshop: Froze when I added a color swatch to Libraries Panel | Photoshop Family Customer Communit... where our engineers are looking at this issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding. I shouldn't have to check this on my computer for Photoshop to work functionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem, and yes, my video card drivers are up to date. Super basic function. Should not be crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me three times today before I gave up.  Photoshop CC 2018 updated to latest today before this happened and have latest drivers.  Running Windows 10 with all the latest updates.  I don't use this feature much but the bug has obviously been around for a long time.  Might be time to actually put some effort in fixing it.  I don't like having to redo my work when it locks up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on why this is happening?  It's happening to me as well and keep losing things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Try to add a new color swatch and my video card fans max out and PSD freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. But the workaround I've found for this is, when the box pops up for you to name the color swatch, make sure you uncheck the box where it says to save to libraries. And I'm also reminding myself to obsessively saving my files, since there seems to be no auto-recovery happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been happening to me to.  Unchecking "Add to my current library" is a work-around and seems to be working normal. 

Dell XPS 15 Laptop with External Monitor, Intel Core 2.6GHz, 16.0GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS

All drivers are current and up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for over a year now. I unchecked the "Add to my current library" box like people are saying to do and boom, got around the spinning circle of failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was an excellent help!!! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...happening to me too - did in CC PS 2017 IS in CC PS 2018.

Pain in the butt when you are working fast and forget to remember the 'add to library' thing!

Still it's only £50 a month!  What's that between self employed freelancer eh!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well.  Like others have mentioned, I unchecked 'Add to my current library', and this solved the freezing problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue - thank you for all the posts! I will take all of your suggestions until Adobe can fix this issue......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A video card Driver. Really. Adobe are thst Much at a loss for answers. maybe  you cant figure out this issue get the stock.adobe site working more smoothly. Anyway. It seems to happen more when there is a new PS update available. But it especially annoying when the stupid CC App keeps trying to sync when I have disabled library syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to CC (hung on to my CS6 as long as I could) and now I'm having my first experience with this problem in CC2017. Horrible to see that a problem that has been reported for so long has not been fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening as of 3/5. Seriously, I just lost 3 hours of work due to a ****swatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a ridiculous bug! Sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still happening almost a year after the problem has been reported? AND you're going to raise your prices? At least give us a way to unlock the program without force quitting it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me!  I NEED to add to swatches.  COME ON!  FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. Unbelievable that this is still not fixed after such a long time. You would expect better service for such an expensive piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I would’ve researched this before having my project freezing after 4 hours of working didn’t think of saving the project cause I have terrible work ethic but that’s not the point....fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well but without the option to force quit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Crashed twice today and lost a lot of work. This seems like it should be an easy fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines