Highlighted

Adding color swatch to Photoshop CC 2017 freezes program

New Here ,
May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Everytime I try and add a color swatch to my library it freezes my photoshop. Its Photoshop CC 2017 and is fully up to date. Its really annoying and I often forget about it, because its not suppose to happen and it runs smoothly within other Adobe programs. Anyone know a fix for this? If not, they need to fix this asap because I end up losing a bunch of work.

Thanks!

Hi linziehunt

Have you checked for Graphics card drivers update on your ccomputer?

Please also add your comment and the required system on this ongoing discussion Photoshop: Froze when I added a color swatch to Libraries Panel | Photoshop Family Customer Community where our engineers are looking at this issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding color swatch to Photoshop CC 2017 freezes program

New Here ,
May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Everytime I try and add a color swatch to my library it freezes my photoshop. Its Photoshop CC 2017 and is fully up to date. Its really annoying and I often forget about it, because its not suppose to happen and it runs smoothly within other Adobe programs. Anyone know a fix for this? If not, they need to fix this asap because I end up losing a bunch of work.

Thanks!

Hi linziehunt

Please also add your comment and the required system on this ongoing discussion Photoshop: Froze when I added a color swatch to Libraries Panel | Photoshop Family Customer Community where our engineers are looking at this issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 04, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linziehunt

Please also add your comment and the required system on this ongoing discussion Photoshop: Froze when I added a color swatch to Libraries Panel | Photoshop Family Customer Communit... where our engineers are looking at this issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding. I shouldn't have to check this on my computer for Photoshop to work functionally.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem, and yes, my video card drivers are up to date. Super basic function. Should not be crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me three times today before I gave up.  Photoshop CC 2018 updated to latest today before this happened and have latest drivers.  Running Windows 10 with all the latest updates.  I don't use this feature much but the bug has obviously been around for a long time.  Might be time to actually put some effort in fixing it.  I don't like having to redo my work when it locks up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on why this is happening?  It's happening to me as well and keep losing things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2017 1
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Try to add a new color swatch and my video card fans max out and PSD freezes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. But the workaround I've found for this is, when the box pops up for you to name the color swatch, make sure you uncheck the box where it says to save to libraries. And I'm also reminding myself to obsessively saving my files, since there seems to be no auto-recovery happening.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 6
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has been happening to me to.  Unchecking "Add to my current library" is a work-around and seems to be working normal. 

Dell XPS 15 Laptop with External Monitor, Intel Core 2.6GHz, 16.0GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS

All drivers are current and up-to-date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for over a year now. I unchecked the "Add to my current library" box like people are saying to do and boom, got around the spinning circle of failure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2017 3
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an excellent help!!! Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2019 0