Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding metadata to jpgs

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ..

I am new to the whole SEO so please bear with me :-).

I have appr. 30.000 highres cmyk images in jpg that I would like to add metadata to (or my boss would ;-)). Google wasn't very helpful so I rely on you guys.

Because of the amount I am thinking if there is a batch that automatically adds i.e. the company name as the metadata.

For the future pictures; should I manually add metadata for each picture with description, company name etc..?? Is there any way to make this an automatic setting when opening pictures in PS?

ANY help is much appreciated 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Hi! If you are using adobe bridge, Your work has been done perfectly. yes another way to add metadata like this 

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! If you are using adobe bridge, Your work has been done perfectly. yes another way to add metadata like this 

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Bridge you can create a Metadata Template to bulk add them to your images at the same time.

You can add your company name, copyright, etc. then apply that template to the images.

Going into properties one at a time given the volume of assets would be futile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll say Bridge the best way to go as well. The Metadata Panel is very complete in these Categories.

Select all the files in your folder, add and commit (check-mark at the bottom), and the metadata is applied on one single run.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.14.05 PM.png

If the same information is going to be used in other images, as mentioned, you create a Metadata template:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.24.43 PM.png

Place the metadata you need into this form, save it, and load it into later images without re-entering the information.

Bridge CC 2017 is a free and separate download and a great Image manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines